Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurting and Hiding

I am soberly aware of people's choices of using escape ladders for pain. Through my experience, the ladders that we use to transport ourselves, even in brevity, are ways we get stuck, and perpetuate pain. Facing what is perceived as the culprit or crux of hardship is not prevalently used in our society. Denial, avoidance, and codependency are weaved through our society as acceptable behaviors to deal with hurt and pain. Of course, we're in denial about that!
I guess growing up around many ladders, and then seeing in myself the times in my life I justified using them, has shown me that it perpetuates misconceptions of the true essence of ourselves.
I can remember as a young child that I lived in my head. It was a creative world that was beautiful, imaginative, and served me well. Joyously, I was isolated and disconnected from the present and my pain. The down side to that ladder was that it wasn't real, and I was isolated and disconnected from the present and my pain. I realize of course as children in negative situations we use what we can to survive in less than optimal situations, but the patterning of the mind, personality, and habits take hold.
It makes sense that if you try a ladder even for a day or an hour and it serves you, you can get lost in believing that the ladder is the way out.
However, nothing can replace, or stand in, for the joy, peace, and bliss that is found by being. Being fully present, connected to yourself and all in existence. Allowing the free flow of energy to pass and fill you in that connection, and being open to sharing freely to everyone and everything is the ultimate hug. When we are hurting and in pain this hug brings healing calm, and love into, around, and through us.
Through self love we can find the strength to leave negativity behind. In being present in pain we can explore healthy ways of returning balance.
I know some reading this will have doubts about serious situations where there is no love or positivity.
My response to that is... What is your belief about who you are? What is your true essence/spirit/being?
Close your eyes... See the perfect child in you. Is this child hiding, scared, sleeping, hurting? Is this child happy, singing, dancing?
You have the ability to reach through the conditioning of your mind to embrace and love your essence/your child. You have the ability to help yourself to internal utopia. Sit quietly and ask the child how he/she feels. Making this effort opens yourself to change by believing in yourself and your perfectness. Trust, love, play, live childlike.

No comments: